Head-2-Head-X / H2HX Round 5 Predictions

• RobDedede%s's Photo

Hurricanes > Soda Jerks

Still no sight of Gamma, Ziscor, or Sens. They all build a park together, with a Gustav appearance thrown in. It's a solid little park, but it loses out to a Splitvision hackathon that blows all of our collective minds.

Evergreen Gardeners > Dambusters

Liam and Alex hit back after round 4 with a really cool, clean, well-composed park, but unfortunately it's not enough to overcome a highly-motivated RWE along with Fisch's support. Believe!

Jazzcats > Lonely Hearts Club

Love our guys, but it's unfortunately not enough to beat a motivated Jazzcats team. I have no idea who we're facing… Tols, maybe. *Gulp*

• RWE%s's Photo

Evergreen Gardeners > Dambusters

Believe!

This is all i can say regarding our match. No idea what Liam is going to through at us, but we will be prepared. Going to playoffs would be a miracle, but it is not unpossible if i calculated correctly.

• RobDedede%s's Photo

This is all i can say regarding our match. No idea what Liam is going to through at us, but we will be prepared. Going to playoffs would be a miracle, but it is not unpossible if i calculated correctly.

Believe! Your bigger challenge is going to be able to get the Soda Jerks or LHC to win I think.

• Scoop%s's Photo

Believe! Your bigger challenge is going to be able to get the Soda Jerks or LHC to win I think.

pfft we win these 
  • In:Cities%s's Photo

Jazzcats > Lonely Hearts Club

Love our guys, but it's unfortunately not enough to beat a motivated Jazzcats team. I have no idea who we're facing… Tols, maybe. *Gulp*

Believe! (Except for my own team)

Nah, got to pick my own team over everyone else no matter what. Our squad is locked and loaded - not letting up on the gas. Good luck everyone.

Jerks > Canes

Despite a motivated old captain Kumba, the jerks put out yet another banger park to finish the RR 4-1. Mindblowing hacking isn't going to win matches these days.

Cats > Hearts

We all know papa JK is going to bring it. Standards are always high in the Lonely Hearts Crew, and their r5 park will likely demolish everyone elses park aside from the jazzcats, who are motivated af to claw their way into the semis. 

Gardeners > Busters

This one is the hardest to predict, because both of these teams have a lot to lose if they lose, and a lot to gain if they win. RWE & Fisch should never be counted out in a contest - especially with people like Babar and Frags on the squad. While there's also a good chance we could see another map from Liam or Alex surface in this round. Lots riding on this one, but I feel like the motivated germans squeak by.

• Cocoa%s's Photo

I think we're gonna get completely wrecked, no chance really. to shreds

• AvanineCommuter%s's Photo
    Hurricanes will finally unleash their Category 5 storm Splitvision that has been brewing for the entire competition. They will wreck the competition, despite Josh making a triumphant second showing in RR with a crunchy Chernobyl Action Park.

The most anticipated matchup - Evergreen Gardeners vs. Dambusters - both will put forth a stunning last hurrah, with Alex making a second appearance in a bid to secure a win against a Babar / Hydro combo. It will be a bloodfest. EG comes out on top but barely.

LHC debuts a Rob / nin / FK park that’s sure to impress. Jazzcats slide into the final SF spot with a nice surprise.
  • Gustav Goblin%s's Photo

Thanks for taking the weight off my back Rob! A big question to ask as semis approach is which builders are going in the round robin and which ones are already hard at work on a potential playoffs park.

Evergreen Gardeners vs. Dambusters: This is a very important match, as both teams are 1-3 but could barely squeak into playoffs with a win. Liam's past few H2Hs have shown that he always goes twice in RR, so I would not be surprised to him go for some good ol' Wawa redemption. Unfortunately the waiting Coupon dashes my dreams of a Liam/Alex/Cocoa LL park.

The Gardeners are in dire need of a comeback. RWE has not built much over the course of the contest, so perhaps he's been slowly chipping away at a R5 park while stopping to help where needed. We also haven't seen any sign of Babar since a small R2 share, and I wouldn't be shocked if RWE banks on him to potentially pull the Gardeners out of their drought. The list of players he can build with is dwindling though. Hydroportal is a maybe, but I'm guessing Dubbya has him slated for semis. The only real guarantee here is the wildcard replacement Sadret, who will likely bring a bush and a mind-screw plugin with him.

Alex/Liam/Morgan/Coupon go for yet another real-world location park that comes up against Babar/barnNID/Sulakke/Sadret attacking with pure grit. The power of plugins compels the Dambusters, sending them packing before the playoffs.

Lonely Hearts Club vs. Jazzcats: This is gonna be a fun one. RobDedede and AmusementParker are left on LHC, which to me makes me think they'll go for something realistic and down-to-earth. Problem is that hasn't been the Club's word of the day, as even the relatively grounded Murder in McAllan had an underlying interactive element. I really want to see FK/Rob, as I'd think they would work perfectly together in any setting whether gritty or artistic. deanosrs and Hex haven't gone in a while though, so assuming JFK is reuniting for semis (which they're pretty much guaranteed to make) they could carry a lot of weight as well.

The Jazzcats have quite a few routes they could take. Right off the bat AJ has only built 5% in round 1, so unless he's insanely busy with real life stuff I think this is his time to shine. We could see one of his classic crunchwrap supremes, something abstract and conceptual, or even a NCSO park accompanied by players like Suormot, 94SP, monsterbux, or even captain Leon himself! I think Tolsimir's due for another showing, but most likely in semis supporting another heavy hitter.

FK, Rob, AmusementParker, and deanosrs crank up that artsy dial as far as it'll go vs. AJ, Suormot, 94SP, and monsterbux on a NCSO park that would make Alex blush. LHC makes it 4-1 and seals the #1 spot in playoffs.

Hurricanes vs. Soda Jerks: Woe to you, o Earth and Sea, for Kumba sends Splitvision with wrath, because he knows that time is short. Kumba has made a hell of a money move drafting Split early and letting him take his sweet ol' time. He is going to bend OpenRCT2 for PC into an incomprehensible shape along with Otter and Terry, leaving almost anyone completely flattened. Except for Gamma, Ziscor, and Sens who all place a single bush on a blank 60x60 map and WIN WITHOUT DROPPING A SINGLE VOTE SODA JERKS FOR THE PLAYOFFS BABY LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• roygbiv%s's Photo

lonely hearts club vs jazzcats

Steve builds a solo park on his phone and wins by one vote

Evergreen vs dambusters

we lost 

Hurricanes vs soda jerks

This determines seeding for strongest Florida man, jerks win and scoop dethrones kumba. 

• Scoop%s's Photo

Josh is the strongest Florida man. Kumba is just the strongest iguana and I'm the strongest Florida girl. 

• GammaZero%s's Photo

Lead builder predictions for R5:

Hearts vs. Cats: FK vs. AVC

Gardeners vs. Busters: RWE vs. alex

Canes vs. Jerks: Splitvision vs. CP6 after I drop out

Best park of the round: Jazzcats (again), unless Split decides to casually break the game

Matchup of the round: Gardeners vs. Busters (obviously)

IDK I ran out of predictions to make

• chorkiel%s's Photo

Josh and Ziscor, with help from Sens and Gamma, build a cyberpunk vs. steampunk park that still doesn't allow us to cross off the bingo square. It's good but it loses to an inception themed park that actually flips the city upside down. Built mainly by splitvision with some help from Xtreme and Congoy.

Liam and Alex built a 1x1 recreation of Macchu Picchu with a roller coaster. Coupon turned it into a ski resort. It goes head to head with the Evergreen Gardeners. For who Hydro and Babar built a 1x1 recreation of Paris during the Olympics.

Done with DC, Rob shifted attention to Baltimore. LHC show up with Baltimore during a carnival built by Rob, FK and Amusementparker. They lose to a park by Tolsimir and AVC, which has an idea so good that I can't come up with it.

• RobDedede%s's Photo
    These are fun predictions, Chorkiel!
  • Scoop%s's Photo

In other words, he's saying you're totally wrong. lol

• chorkiel%s's Photo

I hope so lol!

But I've been right before at least twice

Free square = Eclipse-themed park

a vibey Andrew park made weird by Cocoa.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading