RCT Discussion / NE geography

• JJ%s's Photo
    Yeah I'm from Plymouth :p
  • XCars%s's Photo
    I live just an hour north of Chicago, and less than 5 minutes from Six Flags Great America.
  • thorpedo%s's Photo

I live just an hour north of Chicago, and less than 5 minutes from Six Flags Great America.

Well that is lucky; I wish I lived closer to SF or any cool parks, rather.. you guys in Ohio have it real good!
  • Turtle%s's Photo

Yeah I'm from Plymouth :p

Ah cool, got family down there, Exeter, Plymouth and Topsham.
  • wheres_walto%s's Photo

.. you guys in Ohio have it real good!

awwwww yeeaaaaaa!
  • In:Cities%s's Photo
    While I am jealous of you Ohio folk, nothing beats Disney/Universal/Sea World/Busch Gardens;]

Someday I'll make it up there though! :mantis:
  • Maverix%s's Photo
    I'm just a touch over an hour from Cedar Point, but starting next week I'll be down in Knoxville for college and be an hour away from Dollywood. Wild Eagle and Thunderhead here I come!
  • JJ%s's Photo
    Yeah, ya'll just make me jealous, the closest partially decent park is like 3 hours 50 away, and the better parks are like 4 hours 20-40 mins away. And that's by car so not relevant since I don't drive.
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    Fuck you all, we have jack shit in New Orleans park-wise. It's okay, though, I'll just head right over to one of our many drive-through liquor stores and drink my sorrows away.
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    Maybe in a year Robbie...
  • Steve%s's Photo
    Drive-thru liquor stores? Is that a southern thing? Why have I never heard of this, it sounds fantastic.
  • Ling%s's Photo
    I live in Montana... the closest park is Dollywood... and I can't even go get drunk over it for another three months.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    I might be heading to Montana this winter. Possibly snowboarding at Big Sky for a week. Any reviews?
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo

Fuck you all, we have jack shit in New Orleans park-wise. It's okay, though, I'll just head right over to one of our many drive-through liquor stores and drink my sorrows away.

I guess it's a small consolation that you're still in fucking New Orleans then... I might have a bunch of theme parks near me, but you're in one of the cultural capitals in the country. To each their. I'd trade one of or parks for some of your music any day...
  • Ling%s's Photo

I might be heading to Montana this winter. Possibly snowboarding at Big Sky for a week. Any reviews?

I'm in Bozeman, so not too far from Big Sky, but I've only been to the resort/city in the summer. It's pretty damn popular at university though, so I'd be willing to bet it's damn good skiing/snowboarding/whathaveyou. Bridger Canyon is popular too (closer to Bozeman), but passes are a little too expensive for me.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo

Truth, I dont really consider dixie landin a good park, so yeah.

Maybe in a year Robbie...

*crosses fingers*
  • Cocoa%s's Photo

I live in Montana... the closest park is Dollywood... and I can't even go get drunk over it for another three months.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

that's just... not even true. not that I doubt the genuiness of your sorrow, but there are dozens of parks closer to you than dollywood. hell, you're probably just as close to LA as you are to pigeon forge... :lol:

try living in sydney. we have maybe three 'proper' theme parks. they're not very good. and they're 800 kilometres away.

also, robbie, we have drive through liquor stores in australia too :D
  • Brunooo%s's Photo
    Any Dutch members on this site who are from zuid-Holland? I'm from a village called krimpen aan den IJssel, next to Rotterdam.
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    Nope ,i'm from the center of Holland (Zeist) near Utrecht.
  • Super G%s's Photo
    Nope Noord Brabant. In Waalwijk near the Efteling.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading