RCT Discussion / NE geography

• Liampie%s's Photo
    As you may know... I'm into random meaningless statistics and such stuff. Today I wasted my time with this:

Posted Image

Countries ordered by NE points
    1. USA
    2. UK
    3. Germany
    4. The Netherlands
    5. Canada
    6. Belgium
    7. South Korea
    8. Austria
    9. Sweden
    10. Australia
    11. Argentina
    12. Finland
    13. Philippines
    14. Portugal
    15. France
    16. Israel
    17. Brazil

(I considered posix a German and Cocoa an American here. And I only counted the first 60 people from the USA, because the rest wouldn't make much of a difference.)

Enjoy. :p Maybe there is more coming up.
  • pierrot%s's Photo
    yay! lucky seven!
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    for some reason I feel pretty proud that the netherlands is so high ! C:
    especially since we're small.
  • tdub96%s's Photo
    I think dave is the only reason Austria is so high :p

But woohoo, go stars and stripes! Sorry I havent contributed yet, but I will soon.

Nice job Liam, cool stuff.
  • RamSam12%s's Photo
    It would be interesting to see a state by state comparison for those here in the USA.
  • JDP%s's Photo
    glad your into random meaningless statistics and such stuff, pie. and wait the united states is in front of all the other countries?... ah it never gets old!
    -JDP
  • J K%s's Photo
    I'd love to see the percentage breakdown for park-makers that are getting their country those points.
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    you should actually divide the points by the amount of accounts per country :p
    I think that way the US wouldn't be that high ;)
  • 5dave%s's Photo
    LOL Austria that high?
    Guess I build too much, eh? :D

"MFG"
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    I think countries like Belgium are really hard to get a lot of points tbh because there are only like 3 active members atm so that's not easy

Congrats to austria dude, really

PS: I thought the Netherlands would've gotten higher
  • Levis%s's Photo
    where did you count roomie :p ?
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Britain.
  • prodigy%s's Photo
    Are you sure that Germany is on 3 and the Netherlands on 4? I would say it's the other way round...
  • Goliath123%s's Photo
    Well i see im not congratulated for flying the flag for Aus and being rank 10, while Austrias rank 8. :?

Anywho nice chart Liam.
  • 5dave%s's Photo
    ^Cocoa is from Australia too, so you're two people instead of only one! ;)

"MFG"
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    What you really need to do, to gain an accurate representation of which country is best, is to create an average, see which country has the highest amount of points per person when the total number of points is split evenly across the member population.

I think Austria would win this :p
  • Tolsimir%s's Photo
    i'd like to see the absolute points of each country :)
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    ^/^^ both agreed.
  • JDP%s's Photo
    lol look what you started pie
    -JDP
  • K0NG%s's Photo

What you really need to do, to gain an accurate representation of which country is best, is to create an average, see which country has the highest amount of points per person when the total number of points is split evenly across the member population.

You'd also have to consider the activity level of said member population. I'd imagine that, along with the highest overall member count, the US would also have the largest number of inactive members. And, by "active", I'm referring to members that actually build in RCT and not just post in the forums. You could, conceivably, just count members who have submitted their work...but, even then, the numbers would be skewed by people that consistently submit anything and everything that they build (think GigaG/RCTMASTA).

If someone wanted to really delve into this, factor in all the variables and come up with a true representation of each countries "status"...it would be quite interesting.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading