(Archive) Advertising District / MANTA INTERPRETATION

• BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    Hi here's a topic of its own for my Manta design

First off again this is not a total rec, only the layout, the surroundings are total fiction

I'll post all the screens I have posted here and on TPR so you guys aren't left in the cold,

Hope you like what I have so far

Project status is 40%

Overturn near the entrance
    Posted Image

Station pic from the dump(note this has been modified to the advice given in the dump thread)
    Posted Image

Layout finale
    Posted Image

shop
    Posted Image

Queue with shade^^
    Posted Image

Pretzel loop(far from finished, except supports and minor stuff nothing was done here)
    Posted Image

Plz tell me how to improve because I want that front page and what better advice than from the elite^^

Edited by BelgianGuy, 17 November 2009 - 02:17 PM.

• posix%s's Photo
    supports on the roof, i dunno. the rest is lovely. looks like you've improved drastically.
  • Goliath123%s's Photo
    <3 the finale, great work on the PL too!
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    This is excelent. I love the custom logo in the first screen.

The station in the second isn't as great as the other architecture but it's still quite nice. I think what would help would be to have the flat roof a different colour to the actual building. Also the supports on the roof is a bit funny. I think it would be ok if the supports were to go through to the building underneath, but you have footers on top which would surely cause the station roof to collapse from the weight.

The tarmac and crazy pathing combination isn't that great either, they don't compliment each other.

The whole layout is looking brilliant. As is the architecture in the 3rd screen.

Really nice work, looking forward to more of this.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    i totally call parkmaker of the future.

the only bit which isnt fantastic is the lighthouse.

the lighthouse sucks.
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    Those supports are being taken care of and what type of path you think would work better?

Can I ask why the lighthouse sucks? I think it is located quite nicely and is decent in excecution
  • turbin3%s's Photo
    ^the top of the lighthouse is executed poorly. ;)

Rest looks really good, I love the houses.
    Nice supports aswell.
  • Steve%s's Photo
    I think all of the path choices need to be reconsidered. Just don't seem to fit to me.

Landscaping around the water is excellent. I think some minor foliage or something else is needed to spruce it up in places.

I agree the footers on the roof are odd, but there doesn't seem like a way around it, now. I also feel like some of the supports are a little strange, maybe even a bit unrealistic at times. Not sure. They do look really nice though.

Everything else looks great, though and I look forward to what's coming next.
  • Alpengeistfan1%s's Photo
    That pretzel loop looks awesome.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    those buildings for the surroundings are pretty good. the rest is meh and brown.
  • hulkpower25%s's Photo
    Amazing work , keep up. i would love to see it done.
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    Well good news Hulk it is getting done I'm at 75% currently so that always good news

I'll reply first
    @Posix: thanks and I hope it shows I've been trying some new stuff.

@Goliath123: thanks and its just the real deal I copied and the pretzel was a pain in the ass to hack its about 5-6coasters to get it to look right.

@Louis: Thanks and the logo is something thats also copied from the real coaster, as far as the station goes I changed the roof colour to black and got rid of the footers, not it looks as if the supports go right through the building. As far as the path choices go, I tried some stuff and I'll keep the crazy pavement but I'm not sure what I'll take to spice it up a bit, maybe the same concrete that I use for the stairs.

@SSSammy: I certainly hope I'll achieve that one day and thanks, I also did some retouches t the lighthouse roof,

@Turbin3: Thanks

@Steve: I added some minor foliage near the water and it looks much better IMO thnaks for the advice

@Alpengeistfan1: thanks it took me long enough so it schould look good.

@Cocoa: Thanks and I've added some colour to the rest of the buildings

@Hulkpower25: Thanks and I'm the type of person who starts to finish something so you'll see it finished as a design or as an honorary mention

Now onto the new screen,
    Its the plaza in front of the coaster near the overturn towards the people walking on that plaza

Note: Foliage isn't 100% finished
    Posted Image

Thanks and I hope you guys like it
    BelgianGuy
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    id really like to talk to you on msn or aim.
    some little tiny tiny little things to make this even more perfect.
    check my page if you have either or them.
  • Alpengeistfan1%s's Photo
    I like the roof on the building behind the lighthouse.
  • tdub96%s's Photo
    Really like it great atmosphere, great architecture, and most importantly, great coaster
  • JDP%s's Photo
    I feel like you're missing great opportunities to have that coaster interact with the path around it.
    -JDP
  • CedarPoint6%s's Photo
    ^ I can agree with that. Manta is like the king of path interaction-- it's fantastic. I think you could bring some stuff in here like that. It looks like you certainly have the space. Your layout seems pretty good, at least. Not entirely accurate, but its pretty good for what you're doing. Looks very nice.
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    I have a problem concerning that because the pretzel is on the other side and its really hard to get the paths over there because everything is already build around this plaza
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    That lanscaping is really really nice. You need to work on your structures but apart from that this is totally awesome.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading