(Archive) Advertising District / Dump-Place

• Xtreme97%s's Photo
    That looks awesome Fissix.
  • pierrot%s's Photo

I agree with this and I have the same problem with posting incomplete screens.

This often happens when you can't complete anything.

hahahaha, I love you K0NG.
  • gijssie1234%s's Photo
    Pinehills is by far comparable to this project, this park has clearly larger buildings, theme zones, split level landscapes and even more details.
    I have still no name for this park but the style is clear, as there is in the picture below there will come a ice themed area.
    Also there will be themed areas like Wild West, arabia etc.
    Also there will be a lot more color, foilage and other details than in Pinehills and there will be a real sense of amusement.

Posted Image
  • trav%s's Photo
    It's all fine saying that, but we've yet to see it so you can't blame us for saying it looks like your previous work.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    I think it looks different. There's a definate element of 'theme park' rather than 'amusement park'. I think your skill is incredible.
  • trav%s's Photo
    I'm sorry but if I went to somewhere like Alton Towers, PhantasiaLand, Disney, Busch Gardens, all these 'theme parks' and saw the level of actual theming he's done so far I would be very very very disappointed. Unless grey is a theme.

Again, I'm not saying you're not skilled, you obviously are. I just really really want to see you tackle a proper theme because I think it could be mindblowing.
  • posix%s's Photo
    I agree it's like PineHills2. If you enjoy doing that then nothing is wrong about it. I agree with this sentiment that you could do a lot more which would be rather interesting to see. Ever considered a NCSO project perhaps?
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    ^^You obviously havent yet spent enough time at Thorpe :p
  • trav%s's Photo
    No not yet, give it time haha. I'll be as loving of grey and tarmac as you at some point I'm sure ;)
  • MorganFan%s's Photo
    At least he's building full and proper layouts now.
    The coasters in PineHills made me cringe.
  • Ling%s's Photo
    I think one of your B&M supports on that lift doesn't quite line up, and I think the rest is pretty... empty at the moment.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo
    Here's some screens that have more in them:

Attached Image: Hotel4.png

Attached Image: Hotel3.png

And one stupid thing:

Attached Image: Tornado Corks.png
  • trav%s's Photo
    You're pretty good, just keep on doing what you're doing and you'll refine your own style.
  • RMM%s's Photo
    you're never going to finish anything.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Much better! What's with the green water though?
  • bennyboy17%s's Photo
    this is a new coaster where i working on for my new theme park (Seven Wonders Theme Park)
    it is an coaster in the new area (Arabia) but i havn`t a good name for it, please help me :???:

=http://www.freebits.nl/view.php?filename=951new_coaster.jpg]Posted Image
  • Xeccah%s's Photo
    @Trav & Liampie: Thank you.

@RMM: Yes, I will.

@Bennyboy17: Looks like a solid layout, maybe make it longer?
  • Dimi%s's Photo
    Gijssie: there's not much to see yet, but I cannot wait to see more of the themes. I don't like how people look down on Pinehills btw. Sure, it had its flaws, but it was also pretty mindblowing and original in its execution. I see it more as a first draft of your unique style to prove that despite the heavy detailling you can finish your parks, rather than a finished park that shows all your different skills. One thing I don't like in the screen is the way you're doing the supports. I can see the double/overlaying supports are supposed to add detail, but it just makes the coaster unnecessary messy.

Posix: why should he do ncso? His strength is to use small pieces of custom scenery to create highly detailled realism with a unique, subtle atmosphere. I don't think that would be possible with the big, prefab ncso objects.

Shotguns?: huge improvement! Although I cannot see what theme you're going for I really like the buildings and the tought you've put in the composition.
  • trav%s's Photo

I don't like how people look down on Pinehills btw.

I think you've misunderstood what people are talking about here. Noone is looking down on Pinehills, it was a good park there's no denying that. I just want him to branch into actual themes rather than sticking to the formula he used in Pinehills because I think it will get very boring very quickly.
  • Dr_Dude%s's Photo
    gijssie, are you still working on that Universal park?

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading