(Archive) Advertising District / Dump-Place

• pierrot%s's Photo
    what trav said.

oh, please please ditch that awkward foliage, It ruins everything. :(
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    Yeah, gjissie, lose thebad foliage and add more theme and color, please. SRF, looking nice, but I have the same argument as Phatage.
  • Liampie%s's Photo

Consider yourselves teased...

Posted Image

You're back! Is this a new project? How's the Disney park doing?
  • BC(rct2)%s's Photo
    It looks cool!
  • Xeccah%s's Photo
    Yeah, cool In:cities, but it may be a bit too clean.

Here:

Attached Image: Attempt1 -5.png

EDIT: Skip that Shit screen. ^^
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    A lot of fence stacking. It's a mess, sorry. Keep it simple.
  • RMM%s's Photo
    gijssie is like the lebron james of NE. amazing work, but everybody loves to hate what he does.

don't stop building, gijssie. it looks stunning so far.
  • Ruben%s's Photo

gijssie is like the lebron james of NE. amazing work, but everybody loves to hate what he does.

don't stop building, gijssie. it looks stunning so far.

Nonsense. At the moment gijssie is becoming more & more like that 50-yr'old guy at the office that's known as mister nice guy, and who is really good at what he's doing, but who never got to the top and was stuck at mediocracy because he never took a risk showing what he's réálly capable of. (which is, in fact, a lot in gijssie's case i reckon.)

Really gijssie, it looks very good, but the same. Again. Try to follow Trav's advice. ;)
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    In:Cites: It's pretty dominated by white. I'd consider using zero clearance to continue the supports for the roof through the water so it doesn't looks like they're floating. That shuffleboard is cool, nice job.

StormRunnerFan: It seems to be Cars Land? It looks nice but I would consider trying to use ruin rocks as well to add more texture.

gijssie1234: Not entirely sure "what kind of park it will be" but from that second screen I would have to say Busch Gardens Africa? That inverted boomerang looks great, you now just need to compliment it with a nice interactive queue. I'd consider having the entrance on the opposite side of the station and have the queue wind down underneath the cobra roll's supports.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo
    This is a different project which will be a park inside a hotel.

Attached Image: Hotel1.png

Attached Image: Hotel2.png
  • In:Cities%s's Photo
    Looks good so far man. You're improving fast. However, I'd like to see you complete a bit more before posting. It doesn't give us much to comment on!
  • rct2isboss%s's Photo

Looks good so far man. You're improving fast. However, I'd like to see you complete a bit more before posting. It doesn't give us much to comment on!

I agree with this and I have the same problem with posting incomplete screens.
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    Great advice right there. I've been building a park for 30 years already, and I just haven't felt anything is ready for a screen yet. Remember to build for you, not for posting's sake. Otherwise, looks good. I see why the water would be that color, but it doesn't do it for me. Maybe in more complete surroundings I could see it, but not now.
  • RMM%s's Photo

Nonsense. At the moment gijssie is becoming more & more like that 50-yr'old guy at the office that's known as mister nice guy, and who is really good at what he's doing, but who never got to the top and was stuck at mediocracy because he never took a risk showing what he's réálly capable of. (which is, in fact, a lot in gijssie's case i reckon.)

Really gijssie, it looks very good, but the same. Again. Try to follow Trav's advice. ;)

his work hasn't brought anything new yet, no, but to call his work mediocre is just nuts.
  • Ruben%s's Photo

his work hasn't brought anything new yet, no, but to call his work mediocre is just nuts.

His building style is extrémely good, agreed, but the work he delivers is (remember, imo) mediocre because it just doesn't bring anything interesting/refreshing. The archy and park planning gijssie shows are some of the best this site knows, but the choice of themes/concept is just really holding him back.

So yeah, gijssie, what I'm trying to say (though doing so in a somewhat negative manner I fear) is this: You are one heck of an amazing builder! So now it's time to use that skill and make something mindblowing instead of your average Drievliet/slagharen, which you'd be able to do if you'd do something more daring.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    I enjoy your work Gijs but I do agree with Ruben too. You can do more amazing things. I don't mean more things, but more amazing. Do a theme park.
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    Said park is ready for a small screen.

Posted Image
  • Ling%s's Photo
    At first I REALLY liked that. But something about the colors just doesn't sit well, and the brown columns look a little messy. I like the crowning on them though, and the sitting areas look good.
  • Hex%s's Photo
    I love that screen except for the brown wall going against the teal roof if that makes any sense. What I mean is the base blocks covering up the against the teal roof. (The side opposite the teal roof, but on the building).
  • K0NG%s's Photo

here another picture to show you guys what kind of park it will be ;)

Posted Image

Like others have said, this does seem really familiar. But, that's not my personal issue with it. As much as a couple of people have nutted over the scale you use....it's just not right. While it might accommodate the peeps, the scale of the peeps themselves is off. So, building to them just fucks things all up in my opinion. Look at the white building there with the black roof....and compare it to the coaster. The very small coaster looks GIANT in comparison.

I'm not saying that you should change your style....it is rather 'refreshing'...but consider how everything relates to everything as a whole.

I agree with this and I have the same problem with posting incomplete screens.

This often happens when you can't complete anything.

The archy and park planning gijssie shows are some of the best this site knows...

On the contrary... I think his planning is terrible. His archy is ok...IF you like that small scale. He has the talent to do great things once he ties everything together though.

3:06

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading