(Archive) Advertising District / Dump-Place

• Scoop%s's Photo
    ok well how does Charleston riverwalk park sound
    oh and there is no ww or tt scenery
  • ScOtLaNdS_FiNeSt%s's Photo
    You sure there is no WW/TT ... Im pretty sure the roof you are using over the entrance building is exactly that.
  • Scoop%s's Photo
    really i got it from downloading a park
  • Xeccah%s's Photo
    I don't care, I have Triple Thrill haha.
  • Gwazi%s's Photo

Please, no more Six Flags projects people! It's getting seriously old. It's just getting so boring to view basically the same thing over and over. mrbuckeye, if I were you, I'd build a small park off of that, not necessarily Six Flags. Just a small park. Seriously people, no more Six Flags, please.

Sorry that this happened after your post, mrbuckeye, I just needed to get that out there for everybody. You can build realistically without branding it, take a look at Watkin's Woods, the park that for the most part, started this realistic movement. Not a real brand. Again, sorry if I seem anal of dickish(didn't mean to use those two so close, lol), but it just bothers me that so many people build the same thing so often.

mrbuckeye, I like what's there, although roofs in that shape(the green ones) are very awkward. I would at least change those. Otherwise, it's nice.

That's WW/TT scenery isn't it? Bad idea...

Realistic movement was going a while before WWAP. That was just the catalyst for the virtual death of pretty much every other style. Great park, but I get so bored of seeing all the generic realistic parks spawned from the movement since then.
  • Ling%s's Photo
    If you build a park with any WW/TT very few people are going to look at it, and as a general rule the quality is going to be much, much lower. WW/TT just can't look as good as original RCT2 or CSO. You use too many different types of flowers, the textures don't mesh, and I don't think that support system would actually hold the coaster up. One beam should be a direct path to the ground. I like the park fence. Stick to just one fountain in the center.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo
    Your work is starting to look good, mrbuckeye. Keep at it.

Also, Before I re-work this, I want to show you what I did yesterday.

Attached Image: SCR126.png
  • Faas%s's Photo
    Try to make the red things above the entrances yourself, out of deco pieces. It's more work but it would look ten times better. Try to make the fountains and the water more interesting. Use different shapes and smaller objects. Dont't be too lazy when you're doing architecture.
  • Camcorder22%s's Photo
    First ride I've designed in almost 4 years...let me know what I can improve. The astute metal fan may be able to figure out what the theme is going to be based on the hue of the lake.

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: SCR1.png
  • Ling%s's Photo
    A black lake. I'm sure that narrows it right down in the genre of metal.

I think the first half of the layout is brilliant. But the second half is very... meandering. Twists and turns for twists' and turns' sake. Also I'm not a fan of a barrel roll at the bottom of a hill (end of the ride). I'd cut out the big almost heart-shaped thing in the middle and do two quick corkscrews to the end. Unless of course the black lake thing is a major part of the ride, in which case... Idk, still not really a fan of the way it works. But I have to say again I really love the first half.
  • Dr_Dude%s's Photo
    Agalloch?! Please tell me it's Agalloch!
  • Camcorder22%s's Photo
    No, although I forgot they had that song and that would be a sick idea. This park was for more mainstream metal though and I honestly don't know if I could do the atmosphere of Agalloch justice.
  • 5dave%s's Photo
    Blackwater park?

"MFG"
  • Camcorder22%s's Photo
    Yep!
  • Dr_Dude%s's Photo
    I don't listen to Opeth but I thought Opeth when I saw the screen. That can only be good, I think.
  • Camcorder22%s's Photo
    Opeth has a very distinct atmosphere and color scheme, one of the reasons I picked them, along with them generally being the shit. Hopefully it will look MORE like Opeth when its finished lol. Also Ling, I ended up trying out what you said and it was a lot better. I actually needed that lakeside where the track was originally to build something.
  • RMM%s's Photo

Oh god I hate cropping like that.

oh no fucking kidding. i don't get how grass looks worse than a whited-out cropping. we all know what isn't there. big deal. just show the pic the way it is.

if it bothers you so much to where you feel you must crop out unfinished parts, why not just finish it or post it as is?

meh.
  • A.S.Coasters%s's Photo
    I agree, but there could be something there that he doesn't want to show. Thus creating a reason for it.
  • RMM%s's Photo

I agree, but there could be something there that he doesn't want to show. Thus creating a reason for it.

but there isn't.
  • Hex%s's Photo
    Posted Image
    Still in progress...

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading