(Archive) Advertising District / Dump-Place

• Scoop%s's Photo
    because i havent gotten around to it yet.

Edit: there we go much better

Attached Image: spanish 4.jpg
  • dr dirt%s's Photo
    at least you colored the land under the paths.
  • Ling%s's Photo
    Everyone's going on about tiny details, and none of it's really going to help anything. You need more purposeful structures. They don't all need to be huge or tall, but just look at real stuff in real parks. You probably have some experience of your own. Use windows where it makes sense to include windows, spice up the exteriors with deco or crown moulding or shutters, get some small balconies perhaps, and allow more space to either look through the buildings or fill it in with greenery. The interaction of the coaster with everything else is pretty good, but the layout isn't really all that great, particularly the finale. Also, if you're going to have the track coming up out of the water, you've got to encase that somehow. Blocks, walls, doesn't matter how you do it, but something has to be there to suggest the water won't just cave in on the riders.
  • Scoop%s's Photo
    well is there anyway to include more scenery from outside of the scenario because i made the stupid mistake of not putting deco blocks and shutters in there
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    What I find very useful is building only the facades for a Mainstreet kind of section. It's realistic and you save much time by not having to envision plans for whole houses at the same time. Also, it gives you more possibilities to come up with facades much different to each other.
  • Croustibapt%s's Photo
    Beauty once lived in this manor.

Posted Image

(Ps: Yeah this is totally unfinished, but I wanted to share something to show you that I'm an active member. The whole thing will come soon).
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    What's a facade? :p
  • Scoop%s's Photo
    Well the way i have it set up i wanted the house sort of feel in there
  • RRP%s's Photo

well is there anyway to include more scenery from outside of the scenario because i made the stupid mistake of not putting deco blocks and shutters in there

Attached File  ParkDat16_full.zip (974.7KB)
    downloads: 105
  • Chocotopian%s's Photo
    @ Pacificoaster: A facade is the “fake” front of a building. Like in the Main Streets, the fronts of the buildings are elaborately decorated, but are only hiding a simple structure behind.
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    ^I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic.
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    Oh! I thought it was spelled "fuhsod." Silly me.
  • Scoop%s's Photo
    thank you rpp
  • highroll3r%s's Photo
    multiple lol.
  • Scoop%s's Photo
    my head is spinning :???:
  • Xeccah%s's Photo

Everyone's going on about tiny details, and none of it's really going to help anything. You need more purposeful structures. They don't all need to be huge or tall, but just look at real stuff in real parks. You probably have some experience of your own. Use windows where it makes sense to include windows, spice up the exteriors with deco or crown moulding or shutters, get some small balconies perhaps, and allow more space to either look through the buildings or fill it in .

Signage, uses of barrels, the type of window all can give buildings purpose. For example, theatres can have marquees leading to the entrance.
  • highroll3r%s's Photo
    even if it becomes rather residential. i dont have much theme park experience (in real life only oakwood) but i dont see the point in building hollow buildings with no purpose other than just being there. with rides its different. this is my basic plan for a park enterance:

what will the guest need.

-enterance and ticket booths
    -info stall/building
    -restrooms
    -first aid
    -gift stall/building
    -maybe some gentle flat rides
    -parking lot
    -employee offices
    -backstage access

the last two dont really have anything to do with guests but it gives your buildings purpose.also depending on the size or your park, your enterance pathing should be suitable to funnel the maximum ammount of guests. yours looks kind of cramped compared to the size of the buildings. if you plan stuff like this your buildings etc will have purpose. nevertheless just keep at it it takes time to be good at this game. ive been building ML for nearly 2 years now and ive only just become satisfied with my work. some player develop quicker depending on what you aim to build imo. keep at it though, the more you play the better you get.
  • Scoop%s's Photo
    i think one of my biggest problems is i dont know how to hack
  • In:Cities%s's Photo
    I cant hack at all, and I've got two accolades..

Its a matter of building with aesthetics while keeping it believable. Look at other parks or real life buildings for inspiration. I personally like to try and recreate real buildings and such in RCT. Start small and work your way up. It'll help you so much! Trust me;]
  • Scoop%s's Photo
    ok then my new biggest problem asethetics :lol:

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading