(Archive) Advertising District / Dump-Place

• Xeccah%s's Photo

That actually looks really good. It has an almost RoB feel to it.

Holy fuck, that is what I was trying for( but of course to stay unique).
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Ye it's cool. Would like to see it from another angle. 90 degrees clockwise!
  • Scoop%s's Photo

Here's a little teaser screenshot of my new park.

This is a log flume navigating through a ruined palace

Remember, its ruined, so its supposed to look a bit messy.

our new park im doing some of the layouts.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo

our new park im doing some of the layouts.

I had him draft a few layouts- just giving him a chance to help me create a park.

Liampie, heres your different angle screenshot:

Attached Image: SCR118.png
  • posix%s's Photo
    Yes, very good. The waterfall is perhaps slightly unrealistic going from terrace to terrace like that.
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    Having wood support stone is one of my pet peeves, not sure if that's reason enough to change it though. Looking great otherwise.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo

Having wood support stone is one of my pet peeves, not sure if that's reason enough to change it though. Looking great otherwise.

I'm playing for myself. Wether or not is goes well when I release the finished park to the site I do not care ( though I do hope it will fare fairly well).
  • JJayMForce%s's Photo
    Nice job Shotguns? It reminds me of Atlantis, would love to see you do that theme. At first I thought it looked a little sloppy, but with a closer look, not at all!
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    I realize you're playing for yourself, just thought any feedback would help. Didn't know if I was the only one with that opinion either.
  • Ruben%s's Photo
    I kinda agree with Fizzix, and I think your reaction to the post is rather foolish. If you're not into at least considering critique, then why show?

Otherwise, I have to say it is pretty interesting stuff. It's a bit rough around the edges, and a tad unrefined, but the concept is very cool and the feeling is definitely there. :) Please just listen to comments when they can make your work better, not only for us, but for yourself as well.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo

I kinda agree with Fizzix, and I think your reaction to the post is rather foolish. If you're not into at least considering critique, then why show?

Otherwise, I have to say it is pretty interesting stuff. It's a bit rough around the edges, and a tad unrefined, but the concept is very cool and the feeling is definitely there. :) Please just listen to comments when they can make your work better, not only for us, but for yourself as well.

Look, I am not saying that I do not give a damn about your thoughts, but when I like something on my park that others do not, I will not change it very much. Though I do agree with posix's critisism about the waterfall.

As I said, this is not meant to look 'clean', and therefore may not look really refined. Also, I am not using much quarter tile blocks here so that may be the reason as well.

But thank you, and I am sorry if I came off like a dick.
  • Camcorder22%s's Photo
    7 years in and I finally hit the object limit...these buildings will be the first to go, RIP.

The object selection is obviously dated and so is the appearance of the park...hate it if you wish.

If anyone wants to throw down a building in this park or otherwise help me finish it, let me know. I need a fresh perspective on it.

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: SCR 29ed.PNG
    • Attached Image: SCR30ed.PNG
    • Attached Image: SCR31ed.PNG
    • Attached Image: SCR32ed.PNG
  • Xeccah%s's Photo

7 years in and I finally hit the object limit...these skyscrapers will obviously be the first to go, RIP.

isin't this your 200*200 park?
  • Ling%s's Photo
    Colors could use some work, and you need way more rapids pieces. But on the whole, you've improved alarmingly fast.
  • Camcorder22%s's Photo

isin't this your 200*200 park?

Surprised such a new member would even know about it. But yeah this is it...you think it would've been fairly obvious not to build a ton of tall shit, but guess I had to learn the hard way lol.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo

Surprised such a new member would even know about it. But yeah this is it...you think it would've been fairly obvious not to build a ton of tall shit, but guess I had to learn the hard way lol.

The object limits a bitch.
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    Reading this thread backwards, I saw Shotguns' last screen and said "hey looks like RoB," and then I read earlier and saw that other people had already posted that. It's pretty cool stuff. Love the flume's interactions with itself and scenery.
  • RCT2day%s's Photo
    Shotguns?: Really great screen, one of the best I've seen in a while. But agree with Fizzix's feedback (but do whatever you think is right and have fun with it)

Camcorder: Nice buildings, but you've already reached the object limit? That's amazing

Here's another screen I've been working on (there is a purpose to the dirt paths below it and across the bridge):

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: slither 4.GIF
  • Xeccah%s's Photo

Its supposed to be ruined so in most places that is meant to be the framework.

But wow, I did not expect this positivity out of that screen nor did I expect people to immedately think RoB even though I viewed it a good times when I built the flume. Hopefully no one thinks I am copying even though it is strongly inspired by RoB
  • A.S.Coasters%s's Photo
    I uninstalled WW&TT (yes I checked, all of their objects are gone), and started my next project. I would like to get a higher score than my last ride, so point out anything you don't like.
    This is also my first successful entrance/exit hack. :party:
    Paths and track are still unsupported, train colors are not final and station will receive more detail.

Posted Image

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading