(Archive) Advertising District / Dump-Place

• Liampie%s's Photo

Am I back?

You better be.
  • posix%s's Photo
    Those people who play mostly to be praised are those who shouldn't play at all, and who don't, usually, other than a few unfinished screens. If you're a new member and you can't be arsed to finish a park by yourself then obviously you have no healthy motivation to spend your time in front of the game. RCT becomes nothing but a tool to be told there's actually something you're good at. People who want to be spoon-fed to reach this moment are pretty much useless to this site, and there's no way I'm going to comment on their screen. I concentrate on those who can actually submit a park or two without being constantly told "omg, you're great!!" during the process.

SF, that's nice. Interesting adaption you found to create rocks in RCT. I wish it looked more organic though and less artificial.
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo

Those people who play mostly to be praised are those who shouldn't play at all, and who don't, usually, other than a few unfinished screens. If you're a new member and you can't be arsed to finish a park by yourself then obviously you have no healthy motivation to spend your time in front of the game. RCT becomes nothing but a tool to be told there's actually something you're good at. People who want to be spoon-fed to reach this moment are pretty much useless to this site, and there's no way I'm going to comment on their screen. I concentrate on those who can actually submit a park or two without being constantly told "omg, you're great!!" during the process.

SF, that's nice. Interesting adaption you found to create rocks in RCT. I wish it looked more organic though and less artificial.

I'm having doubts about what you're saying.
    I've released 2 parks wich didn't even make bronze, so i was wondering why.
    You can see how much work i did in those 2 parks, thus motivation enough. Then after many critics i finally understood what it's about. Sometimes people need a hand to realize how to tackle something (that's all what i needed). For instance: i haven't been to many parks, so i didn't have a clue about coaster flow ,interaction etc. and i didn't know the site rcdb either ,wich is now a stantard for me. I started to play this game for the fun of it and never took it as serious as you do over here on Nedesigns. You saw my latest work and you was also astounded by the improvement i made in 2/3 months. And that was because of all the usefull critics i got from posting screens and a lot of own thinking ofcourse. My conclusion: Maybe there are two kinds of 'empty' screen spawners out there.
    The ones that want to learn from it, or the ones that just spawn screens for a pat on the shoulder. ;)
  • trav%s's Photo

I've released 2 parks wich didn't even make bronze, so i was wondering why.
    You can see how much work i did in those 2 parks, thus motivation enough.

This is the thing that sets you apart from the other ones. Posix is more aiming that towards people such as Dark_Horse who just post very incomplete screens with no parks at the end of it. You actually finish parks.
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo

This is the thing that sets you apart from the other ones. Posix is more aiming that towards people such as Dark_Horse who just post very incomplete screens with no parks at the end of it. You actually finish parks.

Yes, i understand that also, but how can you seperate the contenders from the pretenders if you have nothing to show?
  • trav%s's Photo
    Because people who come here just looking for praise will post only in the dump place as their projects never get far enough that they can open their own topic for it.

Obviously I'm not saying that everyone who posts only in the dump place is like that. I honestly think the dump place is quite harmful to the site at times, it just encourages people to post incomplete screens which they may not do if they had to start a topic every time.
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    ^^ Ok ,good point.
  • Lloyd%s's Photo

Brilliant landscaping, totally new. Really gets the idea across. Looking forward to more.

This.

Great to see a new idea like this come out, i guarantee we'll all be landscaping like this now.
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    It's an interesting idea, but it looks way too artificial like posix said. I'm honestly not a fan.
  • leonidas%s's Photo
    Isn't it supposed to look artificial?

It looks brilliant either way. Great job!
  • trav%s's Photo
    No, it's Disney, it's supposed to look real.

Posted Image

I think it looks okay, but I think it could do with another colour or two.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo

Because people who come here just looking for praise will post only in the dump place as their projects never get far enough that they can open their own topic for it.

Obviously I'm not saying that everyone who posts only in the dump place is like that. I honestly think the dump place is quite harmful to the site at times, it just encourages people to post incomplete screens which they may not do if they had to start a topic every time.

Iv'e noticed this as well. Thats why Iv'e stopped posting screens for the time being because I never seem to finish a project when I show unfinished screens.

Isn't it supposed to look artificial?

It looks brilliant either way. Great job!

I thought it was supposed to look that way as well.
  • FK+Coastermind%s's Photo
    Idk if I'm at all right, but I thought that stormrunner's screen was supposed to look cartoon...like, looney toons road runner ride? I seem to remember him saying that somewhere... If that is the look then it's spot on. I wouldn't use it for a whole park as actual landscaping, but as cartoon landscaping it's fantastic!!

FK
  • RRP%s's Photo
    Posted Image
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    I see the style but not yet the concept =D
  • RRP%s's Photo
    http://en.wikipedia....orth_Hall_1.jpg
  • JJayMForce%s's Photo
    beautiful
  • trav%s's Photo
    I don't like the lamp but the building it's self looks nice.
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    That's some of the best architecture I've seen in a while here. Not overly detailed, and the details that are there add to the composition as a whole instead of distracting the eye from it.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo

That's some of the best architecture I've seen in a while here. Not overly detailed, and the details that are there add to the composition as a whole instead of distracting the eye from it.

Agreed. Its just enough of everything to look perfect.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading