(Archive) Advertising District / Lake-A-Palooza

• WorldShowcaseLagoon%s's Photo
    Hello there! I'm here to talk about my new RCT3 fireworks show: "Lake-A-Palooza".
    This is a massive show taking place on a lake in the middle of nowhere. :rolleyes:
    We have plenty of barges for the show, and the viewing and storage areas are under construction still. But we did get this sneak peak at all the mechanics.

This first image is of a "Mini Barge" which there will be 8 of all around the lake.
    Posted Image

The next image is of a "Fountain Barge", there will be 4 of these facing outwards from the middle.
    Posted Image

Then the final barge, the "Super Barge" only to be brought out during the NYE/Christmas/4thOfJuly shows. These are so massive, that they can hold 480 fireworks per barge. And did I mention there are 3 of these barges? That means in total, these barges can hold 1,440 fireworks. One is in the middle, one on the left, and one on the right.
    Posted Image

We also have this overview of the area, currently under construction, with the "Super Barges" set up too, as a refrence for the construction crews.
    [Screenshot]

And the final image, is of the storage area where staff will load the barges every night and send them out to the lake. And yes, this area also is still under construction.
    [Screenshot]

Testing of effects should take place on 2/20/06. We will have pictures of that if we gain permission.
  • ChillerHockey33%s's Photo
    Where is the architecture and rides?

-Ryan
  • Ge-Ride%s's Photo
    There aren't any. It's just a fireworks show.
  • ChillerHockey33%s's Photo
    Oh, boo. Thats no fun, but carry on.

-Ryan
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Oh boo, it's not like he explicitly said it was just a neat fireworks show....

Anyway, like the details of the barges. Show us some screens of fireworks testing! :D
  • J K%s's Photo
    It's a different and creative idea. It looks great so far and yes please do show us some pictures of the show. :)
  • Enigmatic%s's Photo
    that is the greatest roller coaster I have ever seen :rolleyes:
  • JDP%s's Photo
    ^wtf...hahaha your such a dick, that your funny imo...but yeah let us see some of the fireworks testing.
    You rang?
    Sorry about that, I was going to post a video a friend has hosted for me on his site, but MSN screwed up before he could send the link.
    But I have the link today.
    But first, the song list for the NORMAL show. This is most likely final.

"Hello Again" by The Cars
    "Hey Ya" by Outkast
    "Let's Get Loud" by J-Lo

So here is that download link.
    Video Download
    And trust me, you'll want to download this video.
    Comments welcome!
  • JJ%s's Photo
    Looking Good. Not sure about the spotlights though.
  • JKay%s's Photo
    Hmm. Cool, but nothing to write home about. I don't like how the music just suddenly stops right when the lyrics start. Seems sloppy.
    Don't worry, it won't stop abruptly when it's all done. ;)
    I have another updated song list!

"Hello Again" by The Cars
    "Don't Hold Back" by The Chemical Brothers
    "Let's Get Loud" by J-Lo

Should be one awesome song list!
  • Dixon Steele%s's Photo

"Don't Hold Back" by The Chemical Brothers

View Post

It's called "Galvanize". Get it right.
    No, afraid not, it's "Don't Hold Back"
  • Dixon Steele%s's Photo

View Post

There is no Chemical Brothers song called "Don't Hold Back". Check for yourself:
    http://www.allmusic....0&sql=17:392548
    and
    http://www.allmusic....4cbyxdgb8olj~T2

It is "Galvanize", which includes the lyric "Don't hold back".

Edited by Dixon Steele, 24 February 2006 - 11:17 PM.

Oh, ok then, thanks.
    Don't know why it appeared as "Don't Hold Back" on Bearshare and my iPod then.
    Hello there. Tonight I have two pictures of Part 2 of the show. In other words, the second song. No, I'm not moving that fast, I'm just using a method to work on all songs at once. So, here are those two screens. Just to put some more intrest in this again. :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yes, I did take another video of this section, but it's for the testing of the timing.
    Comments welcome!
  • Enigmatic%s's Photo

View Post

Haha you got PWN'd.
  • Enigmatic%s's Photo

Hello there. Tonight I have two pictures of Part 2 of the show. In other words, the second song. No, I'm not moving that fast, I'm just using a method to work on all songs at once. So, here are those two screens. Just to put some more intrest in this again. :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yes, I did take another video of this section, but it's for the testing of the timing.
    Comments welcome!

View Post

Thank you very much for showing two of the most generic pieces of trash I've ever seen. THEY'RE FIREWORKS. WHAT THE HELL ARE WE SUPPOSED TO SAY, OOH FLOWERY???

8@ 8@

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading