RCT Discussion / Functioning Park Competition

• Darobat%s's Photo
    Greetings
    A few months ago, I had a competition to build a mega park but there was a catch. It needed to be peep friendly and you only started with $10K like in a normal scenario. I must say, having the money constraints made you build quite differantly, while at the same time trying to make it look nice and still have it functioning.

Now, I was wondering if anyone would participate in such a contest again, but this time with more that 2 people. Someone could make a scenario with just some interesting scenery so we can make it look good, and rides, and then we go from there. I was thinking maybe a standard 128x128 park size? If any interest is shown, we could work out the details then.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    I like the idea but I can garantee that I would be temped to use a trainer to add cash and then wipe the messages out that show it. Of course that would still leave the "all messages deleted" message there. I guess it would work as long as you're sure that no one cheats.

I would say we should start with more than 10K too. How about 25K all in loan with a limit of 50K?

Base the park itself off the PT bench so you get lots of good sceanery, then toss in a few newer 1/4 tiles and some land tiles and you're set. The landscape would have to be something interesting too or otherwise I would doze off trying to work on it. Something on or stratling water would be nice.

ride6
  • Titan%s's Photo
    Are all the quarter blocks priced adequately?

I've never used them with $$$$...
  • GigaForce%s's Photo
    Wow.

This crazy...a member from 2002 with under 30 posts lol.

Its a cool idea, but tough to enforce
  • Richie%s's Photo
    How about money, with no custom scenery, and a peep friendly park. Sounds better IMO. Much more different, and people can try proving they dont need the custom stuff to make their work look good.
  • trav%s's Photo
    ^If you want that kind of thing, got to RCT*Mart.
  • Richie%s's Photo

^If you want that kind of thing, got to RCT*Mart.

no

ne is just fine.
  • cg?%s's Photo
    Unoriginal pricks...

http://forums.nedesi...ST&f=60&t=10399

...anyways... whatever... why is everybody going back to "peep freindly", "functional" parks, and thinking about "scenarios"? I mean, sheesh, I write this, everyone laughs at me, and then it becomes a fad! Whatever...
  • posix%s's Photo
    :)
  • Darobat%s's Photo

Wow.

This crazy...a member from 2002 with under 30 posts lol.

Its a cool idea, but tough to enforce

lol, ya. I've had the game since it came out, joined the forums, lost interest, and just recently installed the game again. The idea for this came to me when I decided to A) look through my old parks, and came across my entry during that competion with my friend and B ) I did one of the scenarios and it was fun.

No custom scenery might be interesting. But then again, it is always nice to have.

Oh, and I have 30 posts now. :p
  • Ride6%s's Photo

Unoriginal pricks...

...anyways... whatever... why is everybody going back to "peep freindly", "functional" parks, and thinking about "scenarios"? I mean, sheesh, I write this, everyone laughs at me, and then it becomes a fad! Whatever...

It's because those of us who didn't laugh went and started on the ideas. :p

I like it. No custom sceanery sounds good to me.

ride6
  • cg?%s's Photo

Unoriginal pricks...

It's because those of us who didn't laugh went and started on the ideas. :p

I like it. No custom sceanery sounds good to me.

ride6

I know that, but still... I sat there forever feeling like an idiot because all I heard about it, for the most part, was negative... and now everyone is doing these sorts of things, and I almost feel like more of an idiot because of it... anyways...

I do like the idea of a functional park competition, with or without custom scenery... the whole "money" thing seems unnessecary, and difficult to enforce... but I'd definetly want to do this if it gets off the ground... and I won't cheat with the money... I don't even have a trainer installed to water my flowers (the handymen, and rain, do a wonderful job, thank you)... so... yeah... whatever... I'm rambling... bye...
  • Richie%s's Photo
    Do no trainers allowed, too. You shouldnt be allowed to delete the messages with 8cars.
  • Ride6%s's Photo

Do no trainers allowed, too. You shouldnt be allowed to delete the messages with 8cars.

ug! But I like my zero clearences!

No deleting messages, after all it leaves a message (lol) saying the you did it. That should be easy enough to check for, really.

ride6
  • Richie%s's Photo
    ^ so do i, but if its gonna be different, then that would make some things helluvallot easier.
  • Junya Boy%s's Photo
    you know, no trainers and no custom scenery would be, by far, very interesting. and like cg? said, the money thing isn't really necessary, quite pointless actually...

though there is a way to get thousands of dollars without using a trainer....
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    I actually had an idea quite similar to this one.

To actually 're-competize' the first competitions. I mean, build a steel coaster with this set amount of money and that's just it. It's really quite a lot of fun trying to 'make the best out of it.' Though i explained the idea to irsi, and he didn't like it much =/. Not that he told me, being the nice, cliché american (always going around the facts and keeping a nice smile on your face) he did say something along the side of "NE being too busy." Oh well.

I did make this scenario last week, at my parents place. I mean, the old 300 mhz still in my room there, how nostalgic can it get? =P. I did add 50,000 cash, but it's still a scramble for cash. You somehow just don't get to change everything and everything you do is more or less permanent. With the 50,000 you just get to play on, and don't have to wait on the money to appear (which i'm not a fan of) I'm rambling, though. I'll release the scenario in two weeks, when i'm at my parents place again.
  • Aeroglobe%s's Photo

To actually 're-competize' the first competitions. I mean, build a steel coaster with this set amount of money and that's just it.

Just like the ones when the game was first released, you would just make a steel twister, or a stand-up steelie, or a suspended coaster. Those were pretty sweet.

I remember in the corkscrew competition where someone made duelers with two loops that went off right next to each other, then corkscrews dueling while going through the loops. :0

I'd love to see an idea like that, or like Darobat's idea go off.

Aérôglòbe Posted Image
  • mantis%s's Photo
    When lee used t o win EVERTYYHING.
  • Darobat%s's Photo
    The money in my opinion is what makes it what it is. You need to manage your money and find ways to maximize your profit. In the park that I made last time, I started slow, but by the end when my park was finisehd, I was making $100,000 every 10 minutes from ride and park income. I was able to do massive landscaping and huge rollercoasters that I was actually able to afford with the money I had earned. IMO, that is quite rewarding and quite fun.

I'm glad to see that people actually like the idea :D

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading