RCT Discussion / Whats your favourite coaster/ ride to build in RCT

• Fatha'%s's Photo
    Shit i forgot to mention woodies, hell most of my good coasters are wooden. This is another ride that, when made correctly, can be mindblowing (For instance, see Mala's duelers in Mountain Beach).
  • Ride6%s's Photo

Floorless, thats all I can do good. trying to work on making woodies better.

The one you did for OZONE in WB Hawaiian thingy is still one of my favorite coasters. So good... *drools*

Shit i forgot to mention woodies, hell most of my good coasters are wooden. This is another ride that, when made correctly, can be mindblowing (For instance, see Mala's duelers in Mountain Beach).

I thought about yelling at you about that. I still go numb thinking about Loco Toro, Mountain Chase, Crazy Hourse and other such masterpieces of timber. :) Woodies are the best.

ride6
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    I like flyers and suspendeds the best. So graceful. And they're the most fun to ride too. :) Maybe that's why. Wooden coasters always give me a lot of trouble. I've really come to like Mine Trains a lot lately. The support structure looks so cool. I also like to revive old coasters that nobody else is making and see what I can do with them. Like maybe the spinning cars on the small steel coaster or the TOGO standup. Oh and creating new rides is always the most fun. It's like solving a puzzle. How do you get to point B (what you want) from point A (what you have). And thinking through all the mechanics of ride merging in my head like which direction the track has to be and how to launch it. That's a lot of fun. Probably the best part of making a park for me.
  • Panic%s's Photo
    Wooden coasters are the easiest for me to build something decent with. tracidEdge knows what I'm talking about here. ;)
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    I really like building SLC's, I like the way the track looks.
  • GigaForce%s's Photo
    Definately Gigacoasters, or a classic B&M.

I also enjoy realism, and trying to recreate elements that are really difficult to do in RCT, but simple in real life.
  • Scorchio%s's Photo
    Suspended's - if themed right, they can be the most awesome coaster in your park - and the most fun to watch. I agree with you Coaster Ed, they do look graceful.
  • tyandor%s's Photo
    My favorites: woodies, twisters, 4D (it's a very challenging type), inverted, flying (although I still didn't build any B&M flyer) LIMs and any coaster that poses a challenge (those who are hard to design well)
  • Ride6%s's Photo

flying (although I still didn't build any B&M flyer)

The Vekoma ones are more fun anyway. More elements to play around with. :)

ride6
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    Suspendeds are really fun to mess around with.
  • Blitz%s's Photo
    suspendeds are 100 times more graceful than this game makes them appear...
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    Hmmmm

Shoestring Coasters for me. As they are so challenging to build. The one in the up and coming VDF resort took an age to perfect. also as as far as i know no one else has ever built one (point out my mistake if otherwise) so they are still kinnda mine lol.

I also love building Suspendeds and Bobsleds. People never use them but they are also challenging to design well.
  • Jacko Shanty%s's Photo
    i like building the ones that go whooosh, baby. i don't really like roller coasters actualy
  • Blitz%s's Photo

i like building the ones that go whooosh, baby.  i don't really like roller coasters actualy

:0

i am shocked... SHOCKED.
  • artist%s's Photo
    Its funny.

I dunno how anyone can be into rct and not enjoy making coasters.
  • Kumba%s's Photo

Steel Twisters (Sit-Down or Floorless), Original Woodies, Funky Hacked Things...

:yup:
  • JKay%s's Photo
    :stupid: :p

Theming is usually the most fun for me, but more recently, I've become very picky with my coaster designs. Although, most of them still suck, I do enjoy building them and continually strive to improve.
  • tyandor%s's Photo

Although, most of them still suck,

We knew that already :lol:
    Picking less used coastertypes is most challenging. An good example is a wooden side friction coaster. Let it go too fast and it will fly off the track. Let it go too slow and it won't get over the hill. Building this coaster is harder than you might think especially when you want to make larger ones while they are more suited for small short tracks.

I also heard something about the suspended coasters. They are an art on themselves to build. I have to agree that it doesn't come out very good in the game in respect to real-life ones. What I find even more strange is that it was even worse in rct3!

Oh and Richie, you forgot to mention you replace the car type.
    Mini's are more versatile then you might think.
  • Junya Boy%s's Photo
    I like to explore with any kind of launched coasters. LIM Launch, Hacked Launchers, Impulses, etc. Other than that, beemers and vekoma style coasters are the way to go. If i were to get particular, it would be the flyer/lay down coasters, the floorless, and the LIM Launch coaster.

I seem to have a hard time with small coasters, i cant seem to make on go fast and to the point. I always seem to make the 2 and a half minute rides with thousands of feet of track. I guess thats just my style.
  • Panic%s's Photo
    Well if you mean junior coasters, hey, it's never too early to show kids what a quality coaster is. ;)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading