RCT Discussion / Making scenery

• Kevin%s's Photo
    There are many limitations though. You can only replace existing scenery only, no animation, and there are limited things you can replace replace. But still, I'm sure this person will find a way around that, and soon we'll be able to make any kind of scenery we want. Hopefully.

Check it out here:
    Click
  • Steve%s's Photo
    Fantastic, now you stick more scenery in your park an lower your FPS even more. :D
  • Richie%s's Photo
    Maybe with this, people other than Kevin can make RCT3 look good!
  • rctfreak2000%s's Photo
    It has way too many limitations for it to be of any use right now.
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo
    Most custom scenery looks bad now, and that's only 2D. It's going to be painful to see what some people come up with....
  • REspawn%s's Photo
    This is bad. You know why?

1) Slow down FPS of the game even more.
    2) RCT3 at the moment is just like LL, having limitations to what you could build with and thus stretching your imagination even further. We are fine for objects in RCT3, use your imaginations, not "mkx window03" or whatever.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    ...except we have no zero clearances trainer. :D

And the frame rates suck.
  • Lurker%s's Photo
    Not what i need... I've already got FPS problems with RCT3, and i have a dial-up connection, so it wouldn't be fun trying to download 5+MB parks, then open and run them.
  • Kevin%s's Photo
    Well,

People are beta testing the object maker for RCT3, and it looks really good. Custom scenery is definately possible now and the objects i've seen some people make are pretty cool too.

custom object 1
    This guy made a coaster themed to a bubble bath. It looks like the objects can have zero clearance, since they are built into each other. I saw the video of this ride and it was alot more interesting than I thought.
    Since you can actually ride the ride, it's fun watching yourself spiral and flip into all of these 'bubbles'.

The creator of the object maker has also found a way to make transparent objects, which also make these bubbles more realistic and interesting.

Video Clip from Klinn

custom object 1
    This dome is all one object. I guess that mean you can make objects as big as you want, as well as get very creative with things.

custom bench
    Its also possible to make your own paths and benches, but I beleive people don't use them. Hopefully that can be fixed.

I definately see RCT3 heading in a new direction, for me at least. Soaked is looking great, and custom stuff will be even better. I think the only problem left is FPS problems. I'm sure everyone else will agree.
    If that ever gets fixed perhaps RCT3 can become the next RCT2?

At least appreciate all the hard work people are doing to make this game better.
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    That Bubble Bath coaster actually looks pretty cool.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading