RCT Discussion / Coasters

• Blitz%s's Photo
    That last bit IS what I'm saying. Controlling stats isn't directly important to the coaster you are building. What you learn from it has a positive result on how you tackle different issues in the game. Using odd combinations of pieces instead of always using wide sweeping turns and open layouts will help you understand how rct treats speed, flow, and friction. Building on top of premade landscape or using lots of landscape in your design or being forced to build in a small space will help you understand clearance and threshold issues. And, unlike what you might think, the stats do mimmick real life physics expectation, even if a bit out of proportion or approximated. You see, some things that are done on real life coasters aren't obvious, but the stats force you to address them even if you are unaware of them existing. Knowing how to properly space your intense portions is one of the more important things that the in-game stats DO address.

That's how I see it anyway...
  • Panic%s's Photo
    A great coaster, for starters, is one with no filler, no elements that are less than just about perfect in their own right. Each element ought to serve three purposes: to follow the last, to stand out on its own, and to lead into the next. If a part of the coaster is only doing the first and third of those, the coaster is weakened.
  • cg?%s's Photo
    Well, here's my ideals of what makes a great coaster, in order of importance:

Controlled pacing, smooth flow of elements, a varied combination of forces, a varied combination of elements, an attractive layout, and "good" ratings.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading