RCT Discussion / River Of Death And Decay

• natelox%s's Photo
    How did Coaster Ed ever accomplish it? River ride boats on a rapids track with a powered launch mode? I think I understand the station, but here's my problem: Whenever I set the boats with Dragon IOAv.5.0, then click on the rapids ride I get an error trapper. The window never pops up (and hence I haven't even been able to push the 'test' button). How?
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    That was a big mystery for me too until WME told me how it works. It has to do with the cars per train. The river boats are a little unusual in that the game thinks they are three cars. You get an error trapper because the trainer defaults to 1 car per train which is wrong. Set it to 3 cars per train and try it again. I think that should do the trick. It's been awhile so I'm a little foggy, but I do remember getting error trappers myself every time I tried to edit a river ride until WME told me that.
  • natelox%s's Photo
    Wow, your nine minute response time surpised me. I wasn't even expecting you to reply! Anyways, it sounds like it's a lot like other water rides; water coaster etc.. (Except for a water coaster the trainer knows what's going on). Thank you very much!

By the way, I haven't had any luck with finding a site for you to buy Kamau's album from. I could see if a local record shop has it and mail it to you; or I could email you the mp3's. Which ever.
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Well I'd like to have a CD, but it seems like it's a lot of trouble to track it down. I guess I'd be okay with mp3s if there's no other way to get it (which seems to be the case). That's too bad really. More proof that the big labels do more harm to music than good. They drown out so much quality work with their million copy selling manufactured shit. Anyway, I really appreciate you going out of your way to help me out Nate. I'll PM you my email address. Old Soul is the only song I've heard, but I really like that one. Maybe you could pick your favortie tracks or something?
  • rK_%s's Photo
    is that another original WME hack?, I know his Double Carousel working as one was the 1st ever.
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Well, what Natelox was talking about is how to change the mode on the river ride. I wouldn't really call that a hack. But there is an original WME hack on that ride. It uses the river ride hack so it can run 1 tile above the track -- so the hack is on the steep drops. If you look at it you'll see that there's actually two drops, one on top of the other. As far as I know, WME was the first one to do that. But anyway, there's lots of hacks on that ride. That's just one of them. Even better is WME's chainlift hack. He's the man. :)
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    ooooh depends on when WME first used it :p
    I think i may of used it in SD before hand.

but yes he is the man :p
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    how flattering, such as topic :).

and i have one just sitting around, unused ;). 100% new and original.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    And the continous circuit hack too. I still can't do that one, in spite of WME explaining it to me.
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    What's the continuous circuit hack?
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Like the ape hack, where you get a 'continuous circuit' setting to work on unfinished track. At least I thought that was what the underwater loop by the station was for. Similar to APE.
  • Kumba%s's Photo

What's the continuous circuit hack?

For that in LL see "APE" by Evil WME in G.O.D. In RCT2 see "Space Race" by Me in BP.
  • coolioneodawg2003%s's Photo

For that in LL see "APE" by Evil WME in G.O.D. In RCT2 see "Space Race" by Me in BP.

i wanted to see ur park soo bad! i daw when u first made the topic! <3 and now my rct2 doesnt work -_-
  • mantis%s's Photo
    In fact, looking at River Of Death And Decay again, it's not powered launch at all. It's the continuous circuit hack.
  • Phatage%s's Photo

I just found that funny, especially how the M is caped. ;)
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo

In fact, looking at River Of Death And Decay again, it's not powered launch at all. It's the continuous circuit hack.

Is that right? Well it was awhile ago. I don't even remember. I believe I had a full circuit with the river ride and then merged onto that. So I guess you're right. I don't really think about what the hacks are when I'm doing them, I just do what I can to get the ride working. But that was another trick I learned from WME.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading